Contract position: A leader in electronics, healthcare and lighting is looking for a Product Designer/Drafter in the Colorado Springs, CO area. This is a 6-month CONTRACT position. No per diem is available.Responsibilities for the Product Designer
Requirements for the Product Designer
- Create mechanical CAD drawings that include all material specifications, critical and noncritical dimensions, tolerances, and bill of materials for custom device components and assemblies.
- Create simple mechanical CAD models for test and manufacturing fixtures from engineering concepts.
- Manage CAD files in repository, including check-in, check-out, and revision control. Create purchase specifications for off-the-shelf mechanical, electrical, and electro-mechanical components based on engineering input.
- Associate's degree in Engineering and at least 2 years of experience working within engineering or technical project team environments.
- Solidworks CAD experience required. Familiarity with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing practices. Familiarity with documentation control systems (Agile) preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.