We have an immediate, direct hire, opening for a Process Engineer working in the Charlotte, NC area. This person needs to have a BS degree and ideally in Chemical Engineering as well as some experience with heat transfer, fluid mechanics, P&IDs and instrumentation and controls. A background in chemical processing facilities is most important. (oil & gas, consumer goods, food & beverage, etc..) *requires 25-30% overnight travel and up to 50% local travel and day trips. Ability to work on applications and custom specifications with the customer is ideal. Responsibilities for the Process Engineer
Requirements for the Process Engineer
- Conducting laboratory feasibility studies for specific custom process applications.
- System design and costing, proposals, field service and start-ups.
- Estimate cost of proposed systems and writing proposals.
- Travel to customer sites to discuss potential applications, strategy, and conducting presentation seminars covering process solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and ideally a BS in Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years in an engineering, ideally with some experience in thermal separation technologies.
- Familiarity with instrumentation and controls.
- Proficient in reading Engineering Drawings (PFD's, PID's, GA's, etc)
- Working knowledge in Process Stimulation Software (ASPEN), AutoCad is desirable.
- Valid US Passport is required.
<Benefits for the Process Engineer
- Direct role with company provided benefits, 401k, vacation, holiday etc...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.