Permanent position: Maintenance Engineer II needed for a company in Fort Dodge, Iowa for an immediate opening. Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment with a steady work history in the maintenance department of large manufacturing facility with the following types of equipment or machinery: grinding, conveying, mixing, and forming. This position will be responsible for investigating and problem solving plant reliability issues. Will support the maintenance teams, planning and scheduling the maintenance activities to improve sustainable plant reliability. Typical hours will be day shift, however normal plant operation is 24 hours, 7 days a week and work hours may vary depending on business needs. Salary depends on experience. Apply today for consideration. Responsibilities for the Maintenance Engineer
Requirements for the Maintenance Engineer
- Reports directly to Engineering Manager
- Designs and develops new process systems and revises existing process systems in regards to machinery and equipment maintenance.
- Supports Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) teams in the development of equipment ledgers and problem solving.
- Prepares and maintains data sheets, wiring and Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and flow charts required for the proper and efficient operation of plant equipment.
- Trains operators and maintenance personnel to ensure basic equipment conditions are met.
- Follows Word Class Manufacturing (WCM) techniques and Early Equipment Management (EEM) standards
- Must have Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment with applied experience in equipment maintenance.
- Must have experience with heat transfer and flow of solids, liquids and powder.
- Experience with P&ID, Equipment Layout Drawings, grinding, conveying, mixing, forming, design optimization & troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of WCM, EEM, Kaizens, Lean, TPM, Root Cause, PFMEA & DFMEA toolsets.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project.
- Fully company benefits including, medical, dental, PTO. Union shop.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.