Contract position: We are searching for a Technical Writer to work for a leading defense contractor in Sunnyvale, CA. This is a contract position that is expected to last a year and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Technical Writer
Requirements for the Technical Writer
- Write military hardware operations and maintenance technical manuals
- Responsible for technical publications production processes including researching specs and drawings, creating content, military writing and editing conventions, and graphics standards is mandatory.
- Knowledge of file management and use of Livelink or other document management system is required.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Technical Writing, preferable for Defense/Military products.
- Familiar with writing military hardware operation and maintenance technical manuals.
- Direct experience in writing/editing U.S. Navy operation and maintenance documentation is preferred.
- Familiar with Epic Arbortext Editor and Adobe Acrobat and Illustrator or similar software.
- A background in electricity and electronics is highly desired.
- Knowledge of SGML/XML standards-based authoring software as applicable to interactive electronic technical manuals (ITEMs) is highly desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.