Contract position: Leader in remote and clean energy has an immediate need in Lansing MI for a Mechanical Engineer to support plant repairs and expansion projects. This is a contract position expected to last 6+ months, possible extension! Per diem is available for the right candidate. Apply Now! Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Equipment repairs on plant modifications or expansions
- Technical activities relating to operations and maintenance of plant equipment during Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) and Commissioning and Operations
- Provide expert level consultation associated with applicable equipment e.g. turbine - generator, boiler, auxiliaries, etc.
- Protects the installed configuration of the plant systems, and provides technical support and issue resolution needed for operation and maintenance of the plant equipment
- Project Management & Technical oversight/Coordinate and execute betterment capital and O&M projects, interface with plant production and maintenance, project personnel, and other stakeholders
- Provide project and maintenance troubleshooting of equipment to address issues in a timely manner
- Ensure technical resources are available to assist in daily operations/maintenance activities
- 5+ years mechanical power generation plant support experience, prefer strong repair background
- Preferred experience with Mechanical construction projects
- Cad experience is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.