Contract position: Embedded Engineer needed for a full-time, 18 month contract opportunity in New Freedom, PA. The Engineer will be responsible for the development of embedded software for variable speed drive products within the Building Efficiency business. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Embedded Software Engineer
Requirements for the Embedded Software Engineer
- Functioning as a team member in coding, testing, debugging and modifying embedded drive software to ensure conformance to design specifications and the company Software Development Processes.
- Participating in the development of software requirements specifications, design documents, and software functional specifications.
- Supporting a philosophy of cooperation within the software team.
- Participating in software design and code reviews/inspections.
- Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of project schedules and budgets.
- Documenting and archiving software program releases in accordance with the Software Development Process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- 3 years of software engineering experience.
- Experience developing software for Digital Signal Processors (DSP) and applying associated DSP techniques to support motor control applications preferred.
- A background in LabVIEW and/or MATLAB / Simulink is desired, but not necessary.
- Competitive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.