Contract position: Large utility located in the Central US area has immediate need for a Mechanical Engineer. Will work on the project engineering team within the Generation Engineering department. The projects consist of modifications to existing facilities and new construction for the electric generating and gas compression fleet. This is long term contract assignment with possible per diem for qualified candidates. Apply Now!Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Develop and/or review engineering drawings and calculations that detail plans and specifications for construction projects
- Communicate effectively with a vast group of stakeholders to ensure all mechanical technical aspects of the project are completed per the safety, scope, schedule, and budgetary objectives
- Identify, analyze, and recommend corrective actions to technical issues identified in the field during project execution or initial operation
- Develop and/or review mechanical engineering technical specifications and bid documents for engineered equipment, materials, and construction service contracts
- Perform field engineering and support the resolution of construction and start up and testing issues
- Support field piping fabrication and field hydrotest activities. Perform reviews of contractor hydrotest packages and other quality documentation to ensure adherence to Michigan Gas Safety Standards and other applicable codes (e.g. ASME B31.8).
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering. PE preferred but not required
- 5+ years of mechanical project engineering power generation experience
- Vacation and holidays
- Medical plan available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.