R&D Technician needed for immediate 12 month+ contract position just outside of Boston, MA. The right person works under limited supervision assisting R&D engineers, scientists, and/or teams in the development running repetitive tests, design verification testing, etc. Seeking someone who's worked in an engineering lab (mechanical), knows their way around mechanical engineering lab and can keep it organized, stock materials/parts, etc. Need experience with engineering lab equipment like Instron machines, measurement tools (laser micrometers, calipers, etc.). Brink your great communication skills and you attention to detail to this awesome facility!Responsibilities for the R&D Technician
Requirements for the R&D Technician
- Perform work including a variety of duties in the mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical, chemical, or optical areas as required by project teams
- Assemble prototypes/products/fixtures working from engineering drawings, schematics, and written or verbal instruction
- Test prototypes per engineering instructions or established test methods
- Apply an understanding of standard test equipment (Instron, lasermike, LCR and DMM, etc.) and comfortable working with microscopes.
- Troubleshoot and suggest creative solutions to process and design issues
- AA Degree or equivalent work experience in related discipline and 1 to 3 years of related experience
- Experience with the analysis, diagnostics, and testing of medical devices
- Prior experience in test documentation through lab notebooks or reports
- Experience interacting with a highly technical staff in an engineering lab environment
- Good basic computer skills including a working knowledge of standard windows based software such as MSWord, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.