Contract position: We are looking for a Quality Inspector to work at a leading manufacturing company in Irvine, CA. This is a contract position that is expected to last six months and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Inspector
Requirements for the Inspector
- Inspect subassemblies, and assemblies in the receiving, assembly, test, machining and shipping areas along with performing the more complex machined part and casting first article inspection to verify conformance to blueprints, engineering specifications and customer requirements
- Perform final dimensional or mechanical inspection of parts, components, subassemblies and assemblies for conformance to blueprints, engineering specifications and Customer requirements
- Use a variety of precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, vernier calipers, comparators and gauging equipment.
- Assist with devising dimensional gauging set-ups, perform part layout inspection and assist in establishing part inspection procedures
- 5+ years' inspection experience in an Aerospace environment
- 3+ years experience with AS9102 first article inspection
- Be familiar with and able to read and interpret drawings and engineering specifications
- CMM Operator or Programming experience is preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.