Permanent position: Senior Metallurgical Engineer, Mobile, AL - Global manufacturer of specialty steel seeks to hire a Sr Metallurgical Engineer to join the Melt Shop Quality team. Quality, Auditing, Process Engineering, Technical Support. The successful candidate will have 2+ years of experience in a melt shop / primary end of a mini-mill or fully integrated mill. BS Materials Science and Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering is required. Bonus paid monthly and averaging ~15% YTD. Salary range listed is base only. Responsibilities for the Metallurgical Engineer
Requirements for the Metallurgical Engineer
- Provide technical leadership to the melt shop quality improvement initiatives.
- Collect quality information and conduct quality reporting.
- Interpret test results and compare them to established specifications and control limits, change procedures if necessary.
- Investigate quality claims to determine causes of defects.
- Provide technical expertise for APQP & New Product Development.
- Assist HSM Metallurgical Engineers as needed
- Provide training and mentorship to Metallurgical Engineer & Developmental Quality Engineer.
- BS Materials Science Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering is required
- 2+ years MELT SHOP experience
- Good Communication skills
- Solid Technical writing skills
- Strong Multi-tasking and Prioritizing skills
- Excellent analytical and problems resolution skills
- Excellent visual acuity - able to see material / product defects.
- Climb stairs/ladders and work at heights up to 250 feet above ground.
- Able to walk long distances or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate utilizing radios, phones and/or intercom systems.
- Ability to withstand exposure to elevated ambient temperature for extended periods of time.
- Significant monthly bonus
- full time role with excellent benefits
- Relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.