Permanent position: Immediate opening for a internal Spare Parts sales / purchasing agent working for a capital equipment manufacturer. This person needs to have at least three years of experience working in supply chain, procurement, inventory control or customer service. No technical experience is required, but previous experience working in an ERP (enterprise resource planning) system is required.Responsibilities for the Purchasing Agent
Requirements for the Purchasing Agent
- Respond to customer phone calls and e-mail requests for spare parts. Reference Plexus for part information, drawing books and machine manuals to confirm parts specifications.
- Prepare Request for Quote (RFQs) for spare parts
- Evaluate inventory stock levels during daily activity, customer demand, and known part's lead time
- Process incoming/outgoing parts shipments, assisting shipping and receiving, preparing documents and assist to confirm ship quantity, quality, packing etc.
- 3+ years of supply chain, procurement, inventory control or customer service experience
- Must have earned a HS Diploma or GED
- Professional experience working with an ERP (enterprise resource planning) system
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.