An engineering consulting company specializing in infrastructure and natural resource challenges is looking for a Buyer in the Lynn, MA area. This is a 4-month CONTRACT position. No per diem is available.Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Prepare bidder lists, qualify bidders, prepare requests for quotation, and conduct bid evaluations. Recommend source selections, lead or participate in purchase order negotiations, and prepare and issue purchase orders. Purchasing assignments typically will consist of non-critical materials.
- Obtain necessary reviews and approvals of bidder exceptions, bid evaluations, recommendations, purchase orders, and change orders prior to execution. Utilize established policies, procedures, systems, and tools to assure maximum contribution. Evaluate facts surrounding purchase order-related problem areas, determine the most appropriate remedial actions, and implement such actions through available means.
- Administer assigned purchase orders, including change order processing, contractual compliance, invoice processing and verification, and performance evaluation. Identify and advise management of purchase order-related risks. Development of potential and qualified suppliers, including performance history.
- Maintain purchase order and purchasing process documentation. Assist Procurement Management in the preparation of proposal deliverables, such as pricing of materials. Assist Procurement Management in providing other support services as requested.
- A Bachelors degree and relevant experience.
<Benefits for the Buyer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.