A leading automotive parts manufacturer located East of Orlando, FL is looking for a Mechanical Engineer. Must have experience with the design and development of suspension systems. Some relocation assistance for non local candidates. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Design/redesign and development of air and coil spring suspension products
- Contribute to the design, component selection, and optimization of the suspension systems and relying on analytical and physical test methodologies to access product quality.
- Perform 3D layout, CAE analysis, and dynamic suspension modeling to produce technical specifications and working prototypes.
- Apply Geometrical Design and Tolerance (GD&T) technique to 2D drawings.
- Conduct Structural Analysis and calculation of new components.
- Work with project team and suppliers
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years' experience in suspension system development
- Hands-on ride and handling evaluation, system optimization and suspension component design experience, including damper sizing and valving is preferred; vehicle dynamics lab and field testing methods experience preferred; air suspension experience highly preferred.
- Proven work experience in the design and manufacturing of precision machined mechanical parts and assemblies which utilize metalic, plastic and/or elastomeric components partially under pressure.
<Benefits for the Mechanical Engineer
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Employee healthcare paid by employer
- Relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.