Permanent position: Raw Material Loading Engineer - The purpose of this position is to coordinate with operations to ensure that a low-cost bucket loading plan is established and executed while ensuring that EAF tap chemistries are met. While this position has no direct people-management responsibilities, but will coordinate with Shift Coordinators and Bucket Loading Operators for bucket loading execution. No degree requiredResponsibilities for the Staff Engineer
Requirements for the Staff Engineer
- Ensure all safety procedures are understood and followed by everyone in the RM department.
- Bucket load planning to complete the melt shop production schedule.
- Optimizing the bucket load for the least cost slag cost.
- Evaluate bucket load to ensure least cost loading is achieved.
- Reviews and establishes new procedures for the department in regard to bucket loading.
- Will develop new material testing and trial procedures.
- . Design bucket layering for fast and efficient loading.
- Design and monitor performance tracking models to evaluate each shift to ensure targets are achieved.
- Min 7 years previous Melt shop/Scrap Yard experience calculating bucket
- Loading/EAF tap chemistries or working with stainless scrap blending models.
- Detailed knowledge of Stainless Steel and associated Raw Material input
- Proficient knowledge of software tools, including Microsoft Office applications & SAP.
- Must have current Scrap Yard experience.
- Technical Thinking
- Strong Work ethic
- Excellent benefits
- Monthy bonus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.