Contract position: Safety Specialist position located near Largo, FL for an industrial manufacturer. This role is responsible for providing and maintaining technical health and safety support to production and administrative personnel. Candidates must have a Bachelor degree in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Industrial Safety or related field and at least two years of industrial health and safety experience in a manufacturing environment. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Safety Specialist
Requirements for the Safety Specialist
- Assist in the development of all plant health and safety programs.
- Responsible for new-hire employee safety orientation and contractor safety programs.
- Develop and train plant employees and supervisors on program requirements.
- Facilitate and assist with incident investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective action planning and implementation.
- Prepare reports and statistical analysis of Health and Safety data for plant and corporate review.
- Bachelor degree. Preferably in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Industrial Safety or related field.
- Must have at least 2 years of Industrial Health and Safety experience.
- Experience with developing and deploying safety programs at a manufacturing plant is helpful.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Working knowledge of OSHA Regulations.
- Salary in range shown based on extent of experience and qualifications
- Contractor benefits
- Exposure at a top manufacturing firm
- Local candidates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.