Contract position: A global power leader, is currently seeking a Controls Engineers in Columbus, IN. This is a 6-month CONTRACT assignments, with the possibility of becoming permanent. No per diem available. Monday - Friday with hours from 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Weekend work and off-shift work will be required on occasion.Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Lead problem solving and improvement activity. Support production processes and equipment. Assist with planning and implementation of capital and major projects. Understand and support the CMEP Safety and Environmental systems.
- Lead development of JSA and lockout/tagout documentation. Participate in the development and maintenance of process documentation. Work cross-functionally with team members, trades, peers, etc.
- Bachelors' Degree. 2+ years' applicable experience required - any PLC experience would be beneficial (Allen Bradley, Control Logix, Ladder Logic, etc.). Understanding of manufacturing processes. Project management experience. Industrial controls systems experience.
- Use of common approaches to problem solving (Six Sigma, 7-step, FMEA, FTA, etc.). Understanding of statistical process control, process capability, and data analysis. Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Minitab, Lotus Notes, Oracle, File structure). Software experience with the following Rockwell products: FTTM, RSLogix5, RSLogix500, RSLogix5000, ViewSE.
- Experience programming 6-axis robots including but not limited to Fanuc & Nachi. CNC programming experience using Fanuc & Bosch Rexroth a plus. Ability to program Kinetix Drives. Overall understanding of HMI applications and Controls System architecture interacts with IT systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.