Contract position: IMMEDIATE NEED!!.....Client involved in heavy industrial construction projects is looking for an Assistant Project Manager to support Electric Substation and Transmission & Distribution engineering & construction projects in the Lancaster, PA area. You need 2-6 years of engineering and/or construction project experience related to some sort of heavy industrial EPC projects, ideally T&D or Substation. Client prefers local candidates or within a commutable distance.Responsibilities for the Project Manager
Requirements for the Project Manager
- Assist the PM with estimating, procuring, managing & negotiating equipment and labor contracts for heavy industrial construction projects.
- Assist the Project Managers and Superintendents in managing field operations for heavy industrial construction projects.
- Help expedite PO's, T&M tracking, cost tracking, forecasting, scoping, etc.
- Involved in cost, schedule and procurement activities
- Develop and maintain effective vendor and client relationships
- Work in the office 90% and the field 10% of the time
- 2-6 years of engineering and/or construction experience on heavy industrial EPC projects.
- You either need experience as an Engineer, Assistant Project Manager or Jr. Project Manager supporting some sort of heavy industrial type EPC project
- Experience as a Substation Engineer or Transmission Line Engineer and ready to move into a project management role ideal
- You need some experience with any of the following project related areas: management of siting, permitting, engineering, estimating, real estate, project outreach, scheduling, procurement, project controls, contract administration, safety, and field operations,
- BS degree in Engineering or Construction Management is needed, BSCE preferred
- Ability to bid and manage equipment and labor contracts
- Experience with substation or electrical T&D is a strong plus
- Paid Time Off program
- 401k program
- Great benefits package available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.