Contract position: IMMEDIATE NEED!!!!.......Client is looking for an Electrical Substation Project Manager to help manage multiple electric Utility Substation design build projects in and around Arizona. Client is looking for a minimum of 10+ years of overall engineering experience and at least 7 years of specific experience on substation projects as an Engineer or Project Manager. Our client prefers local candidates but will provide a per diem for candidates not local. *** pay commensurate with experience level ***Responsibilities for the Project Manager
Requirements for the Project Manager
- You will manage, direct and coordinate all aspects of work related to greenfield and brownfield projects at substations, switching stations and/or collector stations.
- You will report directly to the Department Manager and will be responsible for the profit and loss of individual projects as well as the successful completion of projects within specified dates
- You will be expected to establish & maintain a professional and satisfactory relationship with the Owner, subcontractors, regulatory agencies and other project stakeholders
- You will provide overall management of projects from concept to completion including siting, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, material management, construction management, and closeout
- Develop and monitor project schedules, manage scope, and control project costs
- Provide Quality Control for the electrical design packages
- Serve as primary point of contact with client regarding efforts such as client coordination, strategic planning, master scope management, budget finances, subcontracting, project staffing, environmental compliance, facility support and schedule attainment
- Report regularly on progress, cost and schedule metrics, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring office support
- You need 7+ years of experience as a Substation Engineer related to electrical substation projects either on the physical layout side or the protection & controls side
- 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager or Engineering Manager ideally supporting high voltage substation design projects
- You need to have experience involved in the entire life cycle of a project from permitting, subcontract negotiations, scope, schedule, budget, safety, quality, etc...
- Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contracts on project-related matters
- You must have experience providing quality control on electrical substation design packages
- You need a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering & a PE license
- Candidates with a PMP certification are preferred
- PTO program
- Health Insurance available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.