Contract position: Client involved in high voltage Substation & Transmission Line engineering & construction projects is looking for an Electrical Drafter to join their team. You need 1-2 years of electrical drafting experience and any specific experience with high voltage substations would be a BIG PLUS. You need to be local or within a commutable distance to Wallingford CTResponsibilities for the Drafter
Requirements for the Drafter
- Responsible for revising existing drawings and preparing drawings of basic components from explicit verbal or written instructions or detailed sketches
- Creat electrical plans, schematics, wiring diagrams and details for new and upgraded substation projects
- Help develop electrical drawing packages for construction contracts and bill of material for procurement specifications
- 3-5+ years of experience as an Electrical Drafter
- You need to be proficient with AutoCAD & MicroStation CAD software
- Any experience drafting either the physical layout of the substation or the protective relay design of the substation is a PLUS
- Our client prefers candidates that have an AS Degree in drafting technology or CAD certification is preferred
- PTO program
- Health Insurance available, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.