Contract position: Engineering & Construction client is looking for a Project Controls Specialist to join their team in the Lancaster, PA area. This is a 6+ month contract assignment. You need 2 years experience managing project cost control. Duties include overseeing change order management, forecasting and invoice processing. Any experience with cost tracking and cost analysis for industrial or heavy industrial EPC projects would be ideal. Experience with Primavera is preferred. ** Hourly rate is commensurate with experience & education **Responsibilities for the Cost Engineer
Requirements for the Cost Engineer
- Develop, implement, and maintain external and internal cost reports, cash flows and forecasts.
- Analyze project controls reports and provide recommendations to the project controls team.
- Ensure budget tracking against Purchase Orders or Subcontracts.
- Manage the internal Change Management System.
- Responsible for the review of upstream (prime contract) / downstream (PO & subcontract) change orders.
- Report accurate updates to cost reports or forecasts.
- Responsible for ensuring quality checks and inspections on project controls deliverables.
- Serves as a point of contact for technical questions from APM's, PM's, Lead Engineers, or Construction staff.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, accounting or related field.
- Minimum two years of direct experience in project cost control - change order management, forecasting, invoice processing and accruals.
- Bonus - experience with Primavera P6.
- PTO Program
- Health Insurance available, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.