Contract position: Project Engineer needed for IMMEDIATE opening in the north shore Boston area. This is a fun, creative opportunity to work with a top notch organization. The right person will manage engineering projects, with direct responsibility for personnel and project planning. The candidate should embody the true qualities of a project engineer. Such qualities include, yet are not limited to, the ability of creating a detailed plan that can be implemented by a project team, executing that plan, tracking and scheduling required changes/updates, reporting project progress, testing products, suggesting way to improve one or more product(s)/product line(s) Positive attitude, and 8+ years related experience. Bring your skills and Apply NowResponsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Manage engineering projects
- Work within a creative, cross functional and cross cultural team environment
- Ensure projects are executed on time and to specification
- Provide project direction to external suppliers and partners
- BSME / Minimum along with 5+ years of full system product design experience with high level technology, including system integration (Solidworks)
- Prior experience in a consumer products company, transitioning concepts into successful retail products is ideal (high volume)
- Design for Manufacturing, Design for Assembly principles and Design for Six Sigma practices including Root Cause Analysis, 8D, A3, Design of Experiments, etc.
- Knowledge of thermal dynamics, fluid flow and advanced mechanisms is a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are required
- Must have managed engineering projects, with direct responsibility for personnel and project planning
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.