Permanent position: Engineering Manager is needed for a manufacturing company near Macon, GA. Must have a strong background in plastic injection molding machinery and manufacturing processes. The position is responsible for providing direction to a group of engineers and technical staff who develop projects, processes, and procedures to improve customer satisfaction, efficiency, profitability, and compliance. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of Supervisory/Management along with the ability to be hands-on and provide maintenance on various manufacturing equipment as needed. The Engineering Manager must hold a BS Degree in Engineering or in a Technical Field. Plastic Injection Molding experience is required. Relocation is provided. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.Responsibilities for the Engineering Manager
Requirements for the Engineering Manager
- Oversight and supervision of Maintenance team and Process Engineer.
- Plan and perform engineering and maintenance assignments on a variety of equipment and product lines; prioritizing work responsibilities for team members.
- Provide technical guidance; assisting in the custom part quoting process, tooling and fixture development, and QA testing processes and analysis.
- Manage any production equipment improvement and robotic projects.
- Ability to assess employee performance, mentor, and motivate staff.
- Must have BS Degree in Engineering or in a Technical Field
- Must have a strong background in plastic injection molding machinery and manufacturing processes
- Experience with high speed manufacturing of plastic packaging.
- Must have 5+ years experience in a supervisory or management role.
- Background in Tooling and/or Tool Design is a PLUS!
- Background in food packaging industry is a plus.
- Full-time position with industry competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and 401k.
- Relocation assistance is offered.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.