Permanent position: Growing equipment manufacturer is a seeking direct-hire Field Service Engineer. This is a remote position based out of Spartanburg, SC. The Field Service Engineer must have a strong background programming, debugging, and maintaining Allen-Bradley PLC's and/or Siemens Controls for custom machinery and automated equipment. Travel is over 50% throughout the Southeast. The hourly rate is commensurate with experience ranging from $25 to $35 per hour, plus OT, and an opportunity for a bonus. Relocation is provided for candidates willing to relocate. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.Responsibilities for the Field Service Engineer
Requirements for the Field Service Engineer
- Interpret customer-specific programming specifications and selects and programs PLC's, robots, servo, etc. for machine control
- Update electrical schematics to document changes after panel build and machine wiring is complete
- Debug and optimize machine control to achieve machine functionality and required cycle time
- Strong experience programming Allen Bradley PLCs and/or Siemens Controls
- Automation experience and Motion control experience is a big PLUS
- Must be open to working remote and more than 50% travel
- Comfortable with client interfacing while at various customer facilities
- Full-Time, Permanent Position
- Hourly rate commensurate with experience ranging from $25 to $35 per hour, plus OT, and opportunity for a company and personal performance bonus
- PTO, Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.