Contract position: Engineering client involved in heavy industrial engineering & construction projects is looking for a Expeditor to assist their team in Houston, TX. You need 2-4 years of experience in expediting, scheduling, or extensive knowledge in a manufacturing and production environment for an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) company. Responsibilities for the Expeditor
Requirements for the Expeditor
- Expedite suppliers for on time deliveries for assigned projects based on technical specifications.
- Coordinate and define required expediting-tasks for all placed purchase orders
- Contact suppliers & update progress / expediting reports as needed.
- Maintain, follow-up and control supplier contractual agreed dates which includes inspection, delivery and payment milestones.
- BA/BS in Business, Administration or equivalent combination of education and expediting experience required.
- Preferred knowledge with plant technology and understanding of global business processes.
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office Software, excellent skills in Excel. SAP MM and other Company and discipline specific software applications preferred.
- Healthcare available and more....
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.