Permanent position: Health and Safety Manager needed for a manufacturing company in Fort Dodge, Iowa. This is a hands-on leadership position for a large company. Candidates must have a minimum 3 to 5 years of experience as an H&S Manager. Excellent benefits and full relocation package is available. Typical hours will be day shift, however normal plant operation is 24 hours, 7 days a week and work hours may vary depending on business needs. Salary depends on experience. Apply today for consideration. Responsibilities for the EH&S Manager
Requirements for the EH&S Manager
- Provides leadership to the Health & Safety programs at the plant, within the defined World Class Manufacturing framework
- Hands-on leadership position.
- Responsibilities include: ensuring compliance, developing and maintaining ISO systems, developing an autonomous H&S culture, promoting defined Health and Wellness programs, defining H&S standard operating procedures, providing training, and developing risk identification methods.
- Must have University Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Relations or any other relevant field of study OR Technical College Degree in Environment, Hygiene and Work Safety combined with significant related experience.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience as an H&S Manager (Required)
- Hands-on experience as a leader with Health and Safety in a union industrial manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project.
- Knowledge of WCM Environmental and Safety Pillars (Preferred)
- ISO frameworks (Preferred)
- Fully company benefits including, medical, dental, PTO. Union shop.
- Relocation assistance is available.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.