Permanent position: Assistant manager of Production Control needed for an Automotive Client located in the Greater Cincinnati area. This individual assists in planning, managing, and coordinating the work activity within the Production Control Department. Salary will be based on experience.Responsibilities for the Production Coordinator
Requirements for the Production Coordinator
- Responsible for inventory control activities. Sets inventory targets, tracks inventory, and reports results. Understands MRP process and BPCS system. Maintains cycle counting program. Identifies, reviews, and reports obsolescence. Monitors Shipping/Receiving activities.
- Oversees the scheduling and procurement functions. Prepares schedules to meet customer requirements and procures components to meet productions requirements while maintaining inventory targets.
- Monitors supplier performance. Tracks supplier delivery; resolves issues related to poor performance.
- Monitors customer delivery ratings. Performs root cause analysis and develops countermeasures as appropriate. Leads monthly delivery steering team.
- Supports new product launch initiatives. Serves as the primary PC representative in all NPLT meetings. Tracks key customer due dates, communicates details to team, and resolves issues as needed.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulation.
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, computerized operations including MRP systems , EDI Technology and BPCS is preferred.
- Understanding and exposure to Just In Time and/or TPS principles
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.