Permanent position: Electrical Engineer with a strong facilities background needed for a rapidly growing manufacturer in the greater Chicagoland area. In this role you will be responsible for the overall function of the plant providing electrical, instrumentation and BAS expertise in support of the day to day operations.Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Provide technical assistance in upgrades or replacement of existing low, medium & high voltage switchgear and protection schemes. Ensure all new installations and relocations meet NEC and NFPA 70E requirements.
- Review and ensure all electrical one-line diagrams are accurate and up to date.
- Proposes new programs to keep equipment and processes technologically advanced and leading the industry in product quality, productivity, energy efficiency, environmental responsibility and safety
- Coordinate plant efforts in reviewing breakdowns and failures with the intention of eliminating root causes of the failures, increasing the on-stream time of the plant, and reducing costs.
- Projects may include, but not be limited to: Facilities Maintenance, Safety Projects, GMP and Non-GMP-type Projects, Office and Exterior Construction related projects
- B.S. degree or equivalent in Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical or Engineering Physics.
- 3 to 7 years of progressively responsible work experience in electrical engineering.
- Five years' experience in control system design and panel layout.
- PLC & HMI programming experience using Rockwell Automation hardware & software a plus
- Very competitive benefits package available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.