Contract position: A commercial builder that specializes in high-rise projects is seeking an entry-level Contract Project Engineer to join their team in the san Francisco Ca area. The Project Engineer will coordinate construction documents and work closely with Assistant PMs and PMs on the project. In addition, PE will coordinate and monitor subcontractor work and punch lists. Qualified candidates will have 3-5 years of commercial construction experience working on hospitals, high rises, condos or schools and high attention to detail. Excellent opportunity to join a well-known and respected company!Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Translate and coordinate project document information (Construction Documents, submittals, RFI's) for construction project.
- Identify and resolve omissions and inconsistencies within the project documents by working through the RFI process with appropriate project team members
- Coordinate and assist with scheduling of assigned subcontractors and self -performed work using Last Planner
- Assist the Superintendent with equipment scheduling, work techniques and material deliveries
- Create and maintain jobsite records and participate in project close-outs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Engineering
- 3-5 years of project management (jobsite or office project management)
- Experience working on any of the following types of projects: high-rise, condos, hospitals, hotels, schools.
- Effective communication skills, sense of urgency and ownership, ability to work as part of a team
- Contractor Benefits available.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.