Contract position: Engineering Drawing Checker needed for a opportunity in York, PA. The Checker will be responsible for examining engineering drawings of OEM units containing purchased parts, manufactured parts, electrical components, wiring harnesses, sub-assemblies and assemblies to detect errors in design documents. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Checker
Requirements for the Checker
- Evaluate engineering drawings and models to ensure adherence to ASME and company design policies and procedures.
- Compares figures and lines on production drawing or diagram, examining angles, dimensions, bend allowances, and tolerances for accuracy.
- Determines practicality of design, material selection, available tooling, and fabrication process, applying knowledge of drafting and manufacturing methods.
- Confers with design engineering and manufacturing personnel to resolve drawing and design discrepancies.
- May operate printer, scanner and copier equipment to make duplicates of designs.
- Minimum of 3 years' in a design/drafting role in 3D CAD environment. Inventor or Pro-E experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years preparing drawings to ASME Y14.5 (or equivalent).
- Working knowledge of MSOffice Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Competitive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.