Contract position: Leader in medical device manufacturing is looking for a Junior Buyer in Brooklyn Park, MN. Will consider university or internship experience, but 2+ years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred. This is a contract opportunity expected to last 6 months, could be longer based on performance. Currently we are only looking for local candidates. Great Contractor Benefits! Apply Now!Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Make buying decisions from various suppliers.
- Analyze and manage appropriate reports such as blanket P.O. reports, supplier performance reports, MRP exception reports and open P.O. reports to ensure on-time material availability and proper inventory levels.
- Investigate and review all material quality complaints and problems, both internal and external and forward correspondence to appropriate personnel.
- Analyze excess and obsolete material and initiate disposition via various channels, both internal and external.
- Analyze quotations to ensure that proposals meet with government regulations and accepted trade practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of purchasing and associated materials management systems.
- Develop skills and obtain knowledge in project management, purchasing related materials management systems, negotiation, and contract terms and conditions.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or technical field preferred.
- 2-3 years purchasing experience preferred.
- Medical manufacturing industry background desired.
- Knowledge of procurement practices and techniques preferred.
- C.P.M and/or CPIM certification desirable.
- Comprehension of MRP II and it's operating environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Total Quality Management Desired.
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.