Contract position: An engineering and construction client has an immediate need for a Construction Engineer in the Chicago, IL area. This is an 8-month CONTRACT position. No per diem is available for this position. Responsibilities for the Construction Engineer
Requirements for the Construction Engineer
- Collaborate with field superintendents and construction management for the completion of large complex construction activities.
- Perform a wide variety of field engineering assignments involving the monitoring, technical evaluation of work in progress, and resolution of constructability issues at a field construction site.
- Review and interpret design drawings and specifications to ensure current revision level and feasibility to perform technical execution of work.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering field with at least 3 years of related self-performed design-build construction project experience is required.
- Requires a proficiency in engineering and construction-related processes, as well as industry practices.
- Familiarity with CAD and other software packages typically associated with engineering and construction is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.