Permanent position: A world leading bearings manufacturer located in Houma, LA is looking for an Outside Machinist. This position will be groomed into a Lead Coordinator role in 1-2 years. This position requires 70%+ travel and is eligible for overtime pay. Relocation assistance for non local candidates. APPLY NOW! Responsibilities for the Machinist
Requirements for the Machinist
- Perform shipboard alignment services
- Measurement and alignment of machines making use of dial indicators, laser alignment equipment and 3D measurement equipment.
- Set-up and operate a range of manual lathes, mills, boring bars and other standard shop equipment when performing tight tolerance machining
- Develop a strong partnership with all customers and maintain a healthy relationship.
- BS in engineering or related technical field
- 2+ years of relevant experience with rotating equipment
- Must have experience with setting-up and operating a range of manual lathes, mills, boring bars and other standard shop equipment when performing tight tolerance machining
- Must be able to use of dial indicators, laser alignment equipment and 3D measurement equipment
- Experience in the marine or naval shipyard industry a plus
- Must be open to extensive travel
- Comprehensive benefit package
- 24 days of PTO from day one
- Overtime pay and double time pay for Sunday's
- Annual bonus
- Relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.