Contract position: Large utility is looking for a Procurement Analyst IV in Livonia MI. This is a contract position estimated to last 18 months, possible extension. Will consider offering per diem for candidates that are not local, but prefer local candidates. Apply Now! Responsibilities for the Procurement Specialist
Requirements for the Procurement Specialist
- Supporting and leading arrangements for the contracting of goods, materials, and services the company requires within budget limitations.
- Negotiates arrangements for the purchase of the goods, materials, and services the company requires within its budget limitations
- Perform prequalification and RFP processes simultaneously supporting several businesses/clients.
- Determine prices and set up a system of delivery, as well as research the market appropriately to ensure that the company is getting the best possible value
- Research the vendors to verify their credibility and ability to provide what is promised, as well as keep abreast of data resulting from the vendor relationship to make sure it is worth maintaining in its present form or at all
- BS degree
- 3+ years procurement experience between vendor and client, preferably on construction projects
- 4+ years preparating, assembling and Managing Contracts and PO RFPs/RFQs
- Experience and ability to negotiate and resolve bidder exceptions to Ts and Cs (internally and with bidder)
- Experience purchasing goods and services within budget limitations
- Familiarity with Construction industry, participants, sequences, evaluation methods , pricing mechanisms, and tools for best value awards
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.