Contract position: A Laboratory Technician is needed for a 2-6 month contract in the Northboro, MA area. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience with electron microscopes and advanced analytical instruments. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to document work in a lab notebook, write test reports or SOPs, and to provide project updates. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Laboratory Technician
Requirements for the Laboratory Technician
- Preparing and examining samples using scanning electron microscopy and EDS X-ray analysis
- Providing basic interpretation of data related to the samples being examined
- Working with customers to understand what is needed prior to analysis and explaining results after analysis
- Maintaining documentation regarding current and new methods developed in the lab and ensures quality data collection by all team members
- High school diploma
- 5+ years of work experience with electron microscopes
- Work experience with advanced analytical instruments, and other equipment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are needed to document work in a lab notebook, write test reports or SOPs, and to provide project updates
- Computer literacy; ability to use Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel and Word
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.