Contract position: We are looking for a Material Planner in Syracuse, NY to work at a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position that is expected to last a year and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Scheduler
Requirements for the Scheduler
- Develop and maintain short and long-term plans and perform all required duties related to planning, scheduling, purchasing, and expediting for specified families of end item products to maximize customer service, minimize inventory investment, and make efficient use of purchased resources.
- Daily work will include releasing orders for manufacture, purchase and assembly departments and will involve coordination with other facilities.
- Through the use of SAP manage a complement of finished goods, components and raw materials ensuring that parts are available for the customer on time with the least amount of inventory stocked.
- Monitor incoming customer orders, shipments, forecast, backlog, inventory, and customer service by product family and in total.
- Print drawings, layouts and create job packs from SAP output for use by the floor as required. Ensure job packs are handled and released to the floor according to standards and policy.
- Schedule machining centers and machining departments in areas where multiple schedulers products are processed ensuring orders are handled in accordance with total business results.
- 2-year degree from an accredited institution is required, 4-year degree is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a planning/purchasing environment, with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Experience as a Planner/Scheduling in a manufacturing environment is ideal
- SAP experience preferred
- Knowledge and use of APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) is ideal
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.