Permanent position: Immediate opening for an 0-2 year Civil or Structural Engineer, ideally with an Master's Degree, in the Valley Stream, NY area. This is for a with a multifaceted, full-service engineering and consulting firm. The Civil / Structural Engineer will work with concrete, steel, masonry and wood and must have an understanding of codes and specifications. Ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of foundations, shoring, re-shoring, rock bolting, as well as, site, drainage & DOT plans, vibration monitoring and zoning.Responsibilities for the Structural Engineer
Requirements for the Structural Engineer
- Typical Structural Engineering (concrete, steel and masonry) as well as some Marine Bulkheads.
- Geotechnical Engineering (Foundation, Shoring, Re-Shoring, Underpinning and Rock Bolting)
- Civil (Site) Engineering (Builders Pavement Plan, Site Plans, DOT Plans, and Drainage Plans)
- Construction Monitoring, Zoning Analysis, Critical review of plans and specifications, Special Controlled Inspections, Vibration Monitoring, Pre-Construction Inspections and photos
- BS or MS Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Entry level to 2 years of relevant experience is our target range.
- Overtime for all hours worked over 40
- Comprehensive benefits
- 401K with match
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.