Permanent position: Fortune 500 manufacturer in Detroit seeks a WELDING ENGINEER. If you're looking to start or continue your career in welding engineering, consider an environment where you can learn, expand your skillset, and set yourself up for a great career! Great benefits, relocation package, and yearly bonus.Responsibilities for the Welding Engineer
Requirements for the Welding Engineer
- Contribute toward development and continuous improvement of welding recipes and equipment reliability of each welding machine
- Utilize appropriate weld failure analysis techniques to determine root causes of weld failures and initiate necessary corrective action to eliminate/reduce such failures
- Assist in the planning of equipment outages, down turn repairs, and the establishment of efficient repair/replacement of equipment
- Assist in the establishment and assignment of preventive maintenance procedures for the proper care of equipment
- Assist in the establishment and continuous improvement of departmental spares ensuring inventory control; the maintenance and repair of such spares and the establishment of procedures to control spares and the establishment of procedures to control spare costs
- BS Welding Engineering, Materials Joining, or similar
- Broad welding engineering knowledge as well as general engineering knowledge and experience with strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills required
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Employer will not sponsor applicants for visas at any time in the future.
- Great benefits including tuition reimbursement, relocation package, and yearly bonus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.