Contract position: Large medical device manufacturer has a need for a Buyer in Cleveland MS. Primary focus will be on procurement activities (construction and other services, equipment, materials, and other items as identified) for implementing continuous improvement, new business, and capacity expansion capital projects. This is a contract position expected to last 12 months, possible extension, possible temp to hire! Great Contractor Benefits! Apply Now! Will hire ASAP! Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Purchasing and stocking adequate levels of manufacturing equipment spare parts and non-inventory direct charge purchase items, managing machine components and parts needing rework and / or periodic calibration, managing preventive maintenance order SAP system and TPM efforts
- Works closely with engineers and Production Service Leader to facilitate external services required to meeting project timelines
- Follows proper component change control procedures and support continuous learning throughout the organization
- Responsible for planning and/or purchasing of spare parts inventory based on transaction report generated through MRP system
- Replenish equipment spare part based on consumption
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical field preferred
- Minimum five years applicable work experience preferred
- Construction industry, mechanical, electrical, other technical background or knowledge of construction, equipment suppliers, machine shops and manufacturing operations.
- Strong purchasing, negotiation, supply chain skills
- C.P.M. and/or CPIM certification preferred
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing industry background desired
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.