Contract position: Hardware Development Engineer needed for a global leading industrial automation company located in Mayfield Heights, OH. In this role you play a key role in all phases of product development including requirements definition, complex circuit design for embedded systems, functional safety impact assessment, product verification and certification testing, and release to production.Responsibilities for the Hardware Engineer
Requirements for the Hardware Engineer
- Develop and enhance our existing and next generation industrial control products. These products include Programmable Logic Controllers, I/O Products, and Communication devices.
- Play a key role in all phases of product development including requirements definition, complex circuit design for embedded systems, functional safety impact assessment, product verification and certification testing, and release to production.
- Work on a team comprised of engineers across multiple disciplines (e.g., mechanical, ASIC/FPGA development, embedded software), project managers, product marketing, and manufacturing & quality organizations to bring our product roadmaps to life.
- Review ECN's
- BSEE or related degree
- Experience designing digital electrical circuits and printed circuit boards for hardware systems that meet product certification requirements (e.g., UL, CE, IEC 61010).
- Experience managing noise parameters and electrical isolation within a design (e.g., optimizing transmission line performance vs. solution size).
- Experience with fault tolerant design, redundant design, high availability design, or avionics design.
- Experience performing availability analysis of redundant elements (e.g., using software such as BlockSim).
- Experience simulating analog circuit performance and reliability (e.g., using software such as MathCad).
- Salary rate based on overall qualifications, extent and depth of requirements listed above, and education
- Contractor Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.