Permanent position: Lead Design Engineer located just East of Atlanta, GA to join a market leader providing innovative solutions using both conventional and solid-state technology. This role is responsible lead a team in product design and development projects from concept to production involving prototyping, testing, and assembly of samples. Candidates must have a B.S. degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial is ideal) with at least seven (7) years of work experience designing and testing electro-mechanical components. This is a direct hire role and relocation assistance would be provided for the ideal candidate. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Senior Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Responsible to lead a team of engineers in the product development from concept through production involving prototyping, testing, and assembly of samples
- Responsible to handle their own projects while leading the team
- Leads electro-mechanical product design and/or redesign, part assembly and detailed part drawings.
- Partners with the manufacturing facilities to resolve part or assembly issues, deviation requests and bill of material errors
- Submits test requests and prototype requests for the production and assembly of new product
- Design work varies from new product development to product enhancements and cost reduction activities.
- BS in Engineering is required (Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial discipline is coveted)
- Must have at least seven (7) years' experience in mechanical product design within a electronics manufacturing, consumer goods, or related organization
- Design experience with either Pro-E or Solidworks is ideal
- Experience in the following industries: Casting, Machining, Sheet metal, Injection molding, Stamping, or Extrusion is preferred
- Possess understanding of manufacturing methods such as stamping, drawing, casting, extruding of metals and plastics
- Full benefits plan
- Company bonus structure
- Relocation assistance
- Monday to Thursday work week
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.