Contract position: Engineering client is looking for 2 Commissioning Specialists with 7-11+ years of relevant experience. You will be responsible for assisting & overseeing the commissioning of mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems for multiple projects at the LAX airport. Client requires that you are local or within a commutable distance to LAX.Responsibilities for the Commissioning Technician
Requirements for the Commissioning Technician
- Assist & oversee the commissioning of mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems along with escalators, elevators, & baggage handling systems for multiple projects at the LAX airport
- Help manage on-site testing of HVAC, lighting, power, and control systems in terminals at LAX and work in conjunction with operations, maintenance and contractor personnel
- Perform site visits to assist with the coordination of commissioning activities
- Assist with the evaluation and testing of new and existing systems and witness equipment start-up
- Assist with the review of operating modes, sequence of operations and specifics of equipment, operations, and maintenance.
- 7-11+ years of experience commissioning mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems along with escalators, elevators, & baggage handling systems for airport terminal projects
- Specific experience doing this work at LAX would be a big PLUS
- You need experience testing HVAC, lighting, power, and control systems ideally at airports, but experience only on commercial building experience will be considered
- The ideal candidate has an AS degree, with a BS degree being a PLUS
- You need to have or be able to complete the OSHA 8 hour Safety Training Course
- Experience evaluating and troubleshooting systems with different types of stand-alone monitoring equipment including flow meters, temperature loggers, electrical meters and other types of equipment is preferred
- Experience troubleshooting and testing escalators, elevators, & baggage handling systems for airport projects is preferred
- PTO Program
- Health Insurance available, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.