Permanent position: Supplier Quality Engineer located near Detroit, MI for a world wide leading heavy industrial manufacturer. This role is responsible for QCI implementation at the various tolling and warehousing facilities that make up the third party suppliers. Responsible to oversee and manage the quality systems being developed and implemented at external sites. Must have a BS Degree in Engineering with at least a minimum of three (3) years Supplier Quality experience in Automotive or related environment. This is a great opportunity to join a growing and expanding organization. This is a direct hire opportunity. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Supplier Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Supplier Quality Engineer
- Travel: 75% (US based travel but mostly travel in Midwest region (Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky/Tennessee/Ontario/Michigan).
- Monitors tollers for Quality system adherence, problem solving of issues, problem resolution and continuous improvements.
- Ensure the quality system implemented at each external processing facility meets the expectations outlined by customer
- Oversee and manage the quality systems being developed and implemented
- Ensure all the standards (TS16949 / ISO 9000 / Customer Specific) are demonstrably achieved
- Coordinate the preparation of PPAP packages for Automotive customers for new products and product changes
- Submit and track SREA's as required on a daily basis
- Bachelor's Degree is required (Business/Quality Engineering/Industrial Engineering or related field is preferred)
- Minimum of three (3) years Supplier Quality experience working within a metal, steel, aluminum and/or automotive manufacturing environment
- Experience with Automotive customers/suppliers is required
- Must have experience with Quality system requirements and Quality standards
- Knowledgeable in automotive requirements (PPAP,Control Plans,FMEA,APQP)
- Experience with ISO 9000 is preferred
- Toll manufacturing experience is coveted
- Relocation assistance
- Bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package
- Salary is commensurate with experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.