Contract position: Mechanical Designer needed for a leading manufacturer in the Milwaukee area. In this role you will be responsible for developing customized product assembly designs and component part drawings for production.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Designer
Requirements for the Mechanical Designer
- Produce gear drive assembly layouts for standard and modified gear drive systems, create detailed component drawings and certified prints - using CADRA, AutoCAD, and SolidWorks.
- Design special components or modify existing components as required by our customers.
- Calculate component dimensions, clearances, and tolerance stack up (GD&T).
- Identify all drive system components, Prepare Bills of Materials, and any other documents necessary for ordering and processing release of drawings, parts, or specifications.
- Education Requirement: AA/AS degree, Technical School Diploma, or Apprenticeship program.
- Two years prior experience and proficiency with using 2D design packages such as AutoCAD or DraftSight.
- Two years prior experience and proficiency with Solidworks.
- Contractor benefits available.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.