Contract position: A manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is looking for a Mechanical Engineer in the Corning, NY area. This is a 4-month CONTRACT position. No per diem is available. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Use computer simulation tools to predict glass forming behavior under various conditions, and thus favorably impact the geometry and forming process variables to achieve optimized results.
- Mechanical design of fixtures, for processing and/or final product measurements.
- Interface frequently with other engineering staff, process experts, business partners, and commercial personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Solid Works 3D CAD including surface modeling. Simulation experience. Mechanical design experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.