Permanent position: Health, Safety & Environmental Specialist is needed in Anaheim, California for a manufacturer in the Aerospace industry. This position is responsible to coordinate environmental wastewater and waste disposal activities for the plant to ensure compliance with with all applicable state and federal health, safety, and environmental regulations. Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree in technical discipline with at least two (2) years of plant experience maintaining a HSE program. This is a direct hire opportunity to join a stable and growing organization. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Environmental Health Safety Engineer
Requirements for the Environmental Health Safety Engineer
- Ensure plant compliance with with all applicable state and federal health, safety, and environmental regulations
- Operate safely and responsibly ensuring the physical well-being of all employees and persons who enter the plant site
- Maintain compliance of existing environmental programs (wastewater, waste disposal, compliance requirements)
- Submit permit renewals, modifications, and or new permit requests
- Conduct routine safety audits and serve as the liaison with outside auditors
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, environmental science, or related technical discipline
- Must have at least two (2) years' experience maintaining an environmental, health and safety program within a chemical, aerospace, paper or manufacturing environment
- Must have manufacturing experience with environmental regulations and industrial hygiene exposure
- Must have experience with EPA regulations & OSHA regulations
- Industrial hygiene or safety experience is a plus
- Experience working in a Union environment is a plus
- Full benefits plan
- PTO / Holiday plan
- 401k plan
- Growth opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.