Contract position: We are searching for an Engineering Technician/Junior Engineer in Kansas City, KS. This is a contract to hire(Temp to Perm) role that offers growth and career advancement within the engineering department of a leading manufacturing company. Responsibilities for the Junior Engineer
Requirements for the Junior Engineer
- Analyze and interpret a wide variety of product orders. Prepare basic submittals, bills of material and general work orders. Will work on complex, non-standard quoted orders which require extensive analysis.
- Prepares requests for technical data to be supplied by Product Engineering such as performance curves, special part drawings, bearing life etc.
- Cross functional collaboration with Application Engineers, Contract Administrators, Product Engineers, Order Entry and Buyers to facilitate the processing of orders.
- Routinely analyzes job specifications for compatibility with order and factory quote. Compares order with specifications and lists discrepancies for clarification. Determines what is needed for submittal and requests information when not available.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field, preferably Mechanical Engineering
- Self-motivated to ensure accurate, timely completion of order requirements to maintain department schedules and to meet customer shipping dates.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Manufacturing experience is a plus
- Skills in Microsoft Office suite, SAP, Auto-Cad and Solid Works.
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.