Contract position: Large utility is looking for an EPC Cost Estimator in Jackson MI to prepare complete estimates for assigned project(s) of medium size and complexity and many types of contracts, either directly or through subordinate personnel. This is a contract position estimated to last 6+ months, possible extension. Currently looking for local candidates but will entertain candidates needing per diem. Apply Now! Responsibilities for the Cost Estimator
Requirements for the Cost Estimator
- Develop pricing utilizing industry standard guidelines and estimating guides.
- Prepare quantity takeoff and daily utilization of software tools
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to particular bid/project as assigned
- Utilization of the Cost Estimating software with mentoring from Sr. Estimator(s)
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimates figures and provide assistance to Sr Estimator to incorporate into cost database
- BS degree preferred
- 3+ years of construction cost estimating working experience in Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical,I&C, Pipeline, Storage, or M&R
- Knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems is essential
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.