Contract position: We are looking for a Programmer Tech (CNC Machines) in Syracuse, NY to work at a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position that is expected to last a year and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Programmer
Requirements for the Programmer
- Design and implement CNC programs and tool layouts to automate the CNC processes in support of continuous improvement in the manufacturing processes and productivity optimization.
- Program and set up CNC machines using long hand G-Code, Mazatrol, MasterCam and other software. Provide programming support on production jobs. Expertise in CADCAM for New LVD Strippit and also Fin Power CNC Stamping Press desired.
- Identify and order tooling needed for the CNC and other Machine Shop machines as needed. Design new jigs, tools, fixtures, and special equipment for CNC applications and provide technical direction to production personnel. Redesign existing tooling, update tool drawings, and revise records, as required by changes in manufacturing processes.
- Implement projects and best practices to maximize CNC Work Center efficiency using MVP Lean Principles. Supervise the process validation portion of new program roll out and communicate the process effectively with the process engineers, quality and production personnel.
- Train CNC machine set up operators on new machining technologies as needed. Nature and Scope:
- 5+ years of experience is required with proven ability to program machines and implement machining technology changes.
- 2 yr. technical degree or appropriate certificate from a college or trade school such as a Journeyman certification in a machine related field is ideal, but not required with equivalent work experience
- Expertise in CADCAM for New LVD Strippit and also Fin Power CNC Stamping Press desired.
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.