Permanent position: Leading marine diesel repair client is seeking a Senior Service Engineer. Direct hire remote position with 75-90% travel. Responsibilities for the Service Engineer
Requirements for the Service Engineer
- Work independently or as team leader and be responsible for carrying out maintenance, repair work, troubleshooting, and installation of different types of marine diesel engines and related components in both the shop and field environments
- Train and mentor lower level service technicians on the job
- Supervise shop work when not leading field-service
- 10+ years' experience on European and Asian manufactured 2-stroke (slow speed) and/or 4-stroke (medium speed) diesel engines including: MAN, MAK, Wartsila, Vasa, Sulzer, Daihatsu, Mitsubishi, Yanmar, Himsen, Mirrlees Blackston, Bergen, etc.
- Marine experience preferred but power plant experience can be considered
- Must be eligible for TWIC
- Eventual ability to relocate to Tampa, FL preferred
- Must be familiar with shafting, gear boxes, CPP propellers
- Ability to travel 70-90% of the time both domestic and international
- Comprehensive benefits and competitive compensation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.