Permanent position: Automation & Controls Engineer, Kankakee, IL - Fortune 200 company. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a hands-on environment where they can take ownership for their area of the mill and be involved in supporting daily operations and maintenance projects and lead cradle to grave automation projects. Must be an excellent communicator, have strong initiative and work ethic. Starting pay of 86k PLUS O.T. 100k plus O.T. in 1-2 years. BSEE or BSEET highly desired. Minimum AAS and related experience. RELO ASSISTANCE AvailableResponsibilities for the Automation Engineer
Requirements for the Automation Engineer
- Work Closely with Electricians & Millwrights to Solve Issues, Troubleshooting, & Project Implementation
- Work with Teammates to Solve Issues & Develop Process Improvements
- BS, Electrical Engineering or BS Electrical Engineering Technology desired, AAS required
- Prefer 2+ years of heavy industry experience
- Must be a hands-on engineer who enjoys taking ownership for their area of the plant. Trouble shooting, project management, supervising contractors, etc
- Programmable Logic Control (PLC) Programming, Human Machine Interface (HMI) Programming
- Ability to Generate New Ideas and Recognize the Need for New and/or Modified Approaches
- MES QMOS experience desired but not required
- Electrical Control Circuit Troubleshooting
- AC & DC Motor Theory Application
- Permanent role, excellent benefits, strong career growth potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.